FINANCE COMMITTEE –
According to Canon Law: ‘In each Parish, there is to be a Finance Committee to help the Parish Priest in the administration of the goods of the Parish’. (Canon 537). To this end, the members of the Finance Committee advise and help the Priests of the Parish in –
- Drawing up an annual account of income and expenditure
- Preparing the Parish account books for audit
- Keeping an up-to-date inventory of all Parochial properties and equipment
- Safeguarding the ownership of Parish properties and goods
- Ensuring that all Parish properties are adequately insured, maintained and secured and that they comply with Health & Safety Legislation and the Disability Discrimination Act
- Overseeing Parish fundraising projects.
All Parishioners are encouraged to make their regular contributions to the Parish in the Weekly Envelopes.
If you have just moved into the Parish and would like a box of Weekly Envelopes please contact the Parish Office.
If you are a taxpayer you are invited to ‘Gift Aid’ your regular contributions to the Parish and then the Parish can claim back from the Government 25p in every pound that you contribute – at no extra cost to you.
‘Gift Aid’ forms are available from the Parish Office You can also click below.
Please Click Here for a copy of a Gift Aid Declaration Form
(Print off and returned filled out a copy to the parish office)
Click here for a copy of St John’s Parish 2018 Finacial Statement and 2019 Budget
PARISH DRAW PROMOTERS –
In addition to the dedicated members of the Draw Committee, there is an enthusiastic and tireless army of 15 Promoters who do the foot soldiering around the homes of Parishioners to collect the weekly contributions. All Promoters are eligible for a special Monthly Draw of £50.
1x £500 and 5x £100
May Draw- 1 Prize of £2500
Oct Draw- 1 Prize of £2500
Every year new Promoters are needed – if you have time and energy to spare, why not become a Promoter? Contact the Parish Office for more details.
COUNTING TEAMS –
There are teams of volunteer Counters who carry out their duties weekly for the monies collected in St John’s
St John’s is served by volunteer Collectors who pass round the baskets before the Offertory Procession.